Grape Stompers

Grape Stompers

• July 18, 2019, 07:27:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Please help our efforts by becoming a site supporter. Once your a registered member go to Profile, Paid Subscriptions, Actions, Paid Subscriptions. Then choose your level of support. Thank You and God Bless.

Author Topic: Blue Berry mixer  (Read 516 times)

PipeWelder316

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Grape Stompers
Blue Berry mixer
« on: January 16, 2018, 04:04:20 PM »

Whats going on y'all, I have been entertaining the thought of a blue berry mixer in my head for the past few days now. So today I took the chance.
It all started this morning when me and my wife went to Airgas and changed out my 5# co2 tank. We then went to Wal-Mart and picked up her meds. While we were there waiting to get her prescription filled, I went to the produce section and checked out their fruit. I ended up deciding on a 6 oz package of blue berry's for just over 3 dollars, A little pricey if you ask me. Once I got home I processed them into a beautiful, purplely colored master piece that I like to call Royal Berry Balla.
Lol, nah just kidding, Its just a Blue berry syrup.

What I did was heat up 2 cups of water in a sauce pan on the stove.
Once it started to simmer I added the 6 oz of blue berry's then used a potato masher to mash the fruit to a hot liquid pulp.
after a few minutes of mashing I turned off the stove and strained the juice through a fine stainless sieve into another sauce pan.
After rinsing the pan out I measured the bule berry juice and poured it back into the pan. I had to add about 1/4 cup of water for a total of 2 cups juice.
heated that up and added 2 cups white sugar, stirred it in until it dissolved.
Once it cooled down I poured it onto a 750 ml whiskey bottle and put it into the refrigerator.

To make a mix drink I add to my whiskey glass

2 oz syrup
2 oz 40% whiskey
fill up glass with carbonated water, give it a good stir
add ice and enjoy! 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk